This is a statement through which we would like to demonstrate our commitment towards the privacy of our customers. In this document we have disclosed all the practices that we have adopted to gather and disseminate information via our website www.ebookfreedown.com
The Information We Collect
- The moment you sign up, open an account or register with ebookfreedown.com, we will gather and store all the information that you willingly and knowingly provide us.
- Whenever the customer requests for an information or purchases a book we prompt him/her to fill up an order form. The contact information that you provide through this order form is used to process your orders. Periodically, we may send you updates about the latest offers on our website. In short, we may use this contact information to communicate with you, when required.
- You have the option of denying/stopping future mails from us with the Choice/Opt Out section.
- We collect your financial information such as bank account or credit card number in order to bill you for the books that you purchase from us.
- We may collect cookies that will have your IP address and some other information about your browser. This will help us identify you and provide you with a shopping cart. You have the choice to turn off these cookies by adjusting the privacy settings of your browser. This will not affect your purchases on ebookfreedown.com in any way. Cookies may be required only if you want to store any items in our shopping cart for future buying.
- Any written correspondence or email that you send us will be stored for future reference.
- The data that is obtained from the monetary transactions you make on ebookfreedown.com will also be stored.
How We Use This Information
ebookfreedown.com would use the information that we collect from you in the following ways:
- To enhance your online shopping experience
- To authenticate your login and prevent any unauthorized sign-ins
- To send you important notifications
- To process and deliver your orders
- To contact you when necessary
- To customize the content that you would like to see
Our Policy on Information Sharing
We will not share your personal information with any individual, company or organization that is not connected to ebookfreedown, unless you give us your consent to do so, or unless:
- The party that we share your information with happens to be our trusted partners, who are well-aware of our privacy policies and have duly signed a confidentiality agreement to abide by our rules.
- We need to respond to any court orders, subpoenas, or any legal procedures that will help us establish our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims if any.
- We have to investigate, avoid or act against any suspected fraud, potential threats or illegal activities that might pose threat to the physical safety of a person.
- You join any book club or forum, in which case we may have to share your email address and other specific information with the moderators of such communities.
You may come across various links to other sites on our website. If you click on any of these links ebookfreedown.com will not be responsible for the content or privacy practices of such websites, or the breaches, thereof.
ebookfreedown.com processes your personal information as per our privacy policies and only for the purpose for which the information is collected. The main intention behind such data collection, storage and processing is to provide better services to you. You alone are responsible for ascertaining the authenticity of the information that you provide us.
Security and Confidentiality
The access to the personal information you give us is restricted to the employees, contractors, agents and moderators of ebookfreedown.com who may need this information for operating, sustaining, improving or repairing the services that we provide you. All these individuals have signed confidentiality agreements with us. In case they fail to meet any of the obligations mentioned in these agreements they may be subject to disciplinary actions such as termination of service or even criminal prosecution. We follow standard security measures that help us prevent misuse or alteration of any information that you provide us and also protect any loss of such data. All our orders are processed through a SSL Secure Commerce Server that uses military grade encryption in order to safeguard your details. The credit card details you provide us will all be fully encrypted before we store the same. Unless you give us your electronic consent, ebookfreedown.com will never share your mailing address or credit card information with any third party organization.
If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time, all you need to do is follow the instructions that you see towards the end of any email message that you receive from us.
In case you have any queries about our privacy statement, our practices or your transactions with our website, you can email us at [email protected]
You can do so even if you want us to change any information that you have provided us, delete the information or stop receiving any further communication from us.